Introduction: What is UCaaS?
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) is the integration of several business communication applications. These applications—which can include online meetings, business messaging apps, and more—are outsourced to a third-party provider and typically offered over an IP network. UCaaS falls into the subcategory of "as a Service" models, such as Hardware as a Service (HaaS) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS), which utilize the cloud.
Examples of business communications that can be consolidated and integrated via UCaaS are:
- Company instant messaging programs (such as AIM)
- Social media applications
- CRM tools
- Various cloud-based applications
- Mobile device applications
- Email platforms
- Video conferencing and teleconferencing programs
Small businesses may benefit from UCaaS for many reasons, such as cost savings, and time efficiencies. According to Atlantech Online, “connecting your various communication platforms and tools, businesses can achieve better productivity and transparency. Missed calls to an office line can ring directly to an employee's cell phone. Social media data can integrate with your CRM to provide deeper insight into your customers.”
Benefits of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)
By consolidating several communication applications onto one platform, employees are able to access information more quickly. Mobile applications, instant messaging, shared desktops and many more will be located in one, organized location at your staff’s fingertips. UCaaS also allows employees to work together more effortlessly as they’re able to use almost any communication application whenever and wherever they would like; regardless of their geography or time zone. By utilizing UCaaS, whether your business is comprised of 10 staff members or 5,000, you’re able to focus on your core business goals and leave your communication needs up to Maine Technology Group.
Additional benefits to implementing UCaaS include:
- Significant improvements among employee collaborations.
- Elimination of managing several communication applications.
- No more managing numerous logins and passwords for various apps.
- Cut costs by downsizing the total number of apps needed to communicate effectively at your company.
- Allow your internal IT team to work on important business goals and spend less time managing communication tools.
- Scale your business’s communication needs appropriately, whenever you need to throughout the year.
- Regain control over how your team is communicating throughout the work day.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest business communication technologies
- Protect your Business: Establish business continuity measures (via www.windstreambusiness.com).
- Enhance Agility: Increase business agility by enabling a competitive infrastructure on which to build (via www.windstreambusiness.com).
Businesses will reap many benefits by consolidating their current communication applications onto one cohesive platform, via UCaaS. In addition to the benefits outlined above, UCaaS also offers increased security for your company’s communications, the ability to scale resources, and a pay-as-you-go pricing structure. “Communication needs will grow quickly as companies adopt voice controls, beacons and sensors in the Internet of Things. Converged networks will allow workers to cover more ground with fewer onsite visits. As the number of remote connected sites expands, the ability to collaborate will become a more pressing need for UCaaS.” (www.huffingtonpost.com)
Additionally, according to Atlantech Online, “by unifying your tools, your employees can work smarter with fewer mistakes and less lost information. Some research indicates that unified tools can save companies tens of thousands of dollars each year based on sheer productivity gains.”
Whether you’re trying to communicate more efficiently within your business, or you’re looking to cut costs and eliminate outdated and unnecessary applications, UCaaS may be a great solution for your organization. We would love to help your team get more organized today.